Sunday, February 8, 2009

I bet you thought I forgot, huh??

So, I posted Step One for a coupon tutorial and then *POOF* I disappeared. But I never forgot. If the truth be told, I could have used some serious coupon butt kicking these last few months. I completely let my coupons get disorganized, piled up and effectivelly useless. Shame on me. But...that's in the past. I am reorganizing them now and will have my tutorial updated shortly. So, if you want a refresher, I'll repost my first step:

As promised, I am starting a coupon/grocery shopping tutorial to help you make your dollars stretch. And who couldn't use a stretchier dollar in this economic environment?! I'm gonna do this in steps so as not to overwhelm you. I will add links to the steps in my side bar so you may refer back to them at a later time. Good Luck & Happy Savings!!!
The very first thing one must consider when grocery shopping is attitude. If you truly want to make the most of your coupons and your money, you really have to shift your thought process. Most of us make a menu for the week, then make a grocery list. This works for some people, but its not very cost effective. The most frugal way to grocery shop is to check out the sales and make your grocery list accordingly, matching the sales with coupons (but we'll get to that later). Once you have made your grocery list, look at the list (and what's already in your pantry) and make your menu based on what you own and what's on sale.
This one step alone, will make a noticable difference in your grocery budget. I will end step one here and allow this information to sink in. As this truly is the most challenging part of changing your habits. Once you have started to look at shopping in this light, the rest is easy.
Oh, and someone asked about doing these trips with kids ~ both of my kids are with me for 90% of my big shops. I'll have some tips on how to make this less painful in the following steps.

I promise, I won't leave ya hanging this time!

1 comment:

CAB said...

Truthfully, *I* had forgotten, but am glad you didn't! I look forward to the next installment!