Friday, April 3, 2009

I'm in a FUNK!

I don't know if its the weather, I don't know if its my lack of sewing machine, I don't know if its the new puppy (that still isn't sleeping through the night ugh!), but I'm in a funk big time. We've also had some big decisions around here that we've been talking about (hang on Cricket ~ it doesn't concern moving to NH yet)....we're thinking about homeschooling next year. Well, we've actually pretty much made up our minds to do it. Its absolutely what is right for our family, but the whole thing still seems a little overwhelming. I actually think my quilting time will increase because we'll be home a lot more and the kids will work independently on a lot of stuff. So, I'll be busy this summer picking our curricula, planning lessons, getting organized, etc.

I have been working on several quilts and I'll be posting pictures of them (along with free patterns) just as soon as I get a chance (and get my new foot pedal so I can finish them up!!)

7 comments:

Cricket said...

Good for you! Good luck with all of your decisioNs. What made you decide to Homeschool?

Ann said...

Good luck with Homeschooling I admire those who can take on that kind of responsibility.

Darlene said...

Good luck with Homeschooling. I HS my son from 2nd grade up. We learned a lot together.

Hopefully, you will be out of your funk soon. I know how you feel.

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

I didn't know you'd for sure decided to do homeschooling! I hope it is a wonderful experience for all of you!

~ Sarah

heather said...

I don't know that I could homeschool but like you said (which is KEY) it's right for your family.
Big decisions can bog you down but once they are made things start to seem a bit better.
Have a great day!!!

Elaine Adair said...

I DO think you have more quality time, and the kids have less unfavorable influences. Just my old opinion. Wish I knew about it when my kids were young.

You have my admiration!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I think its the week. Hope the funk goes away. You will do awesome at HS'ing. Dumb question.. why Pyrex things? are they for more than cooking?