Sunday, July 20, 2008

Pity Party Over

Do you remember the pity party I had awhile back? Well, its over! First, I decided to suck it up and just find time to quilt and be creative. Jason was home for over a week and it was a fantastic break from our regular routine. We took the boys to Day Out with Thomas. Ben was excited, but I think he's getting a little old (this was his fourth trip), but Carter was just beside himself all day. It was so adorable. The child actually squeaked when we first pulled up and he saw the big Thomas Train!

The next day we left for a three day camping trip over in Eastern Washington. I've lived in this state for almost six years and I've never travelled over the mountains. How sheltered am I? It was breaktaking over there. I told Jason I was ready to move tomorrow! It was sssoo hot, I loved it! That's the one thing I miss ~ there is no scorching hot sun here in the Greater Seattle area. We camped at Lake Wenatchee and I never wanted to leave. We are considering making this our annual vacation destination ~ I could spend forever there. Can you tell I'm in love? :P

Upon our arrival home, we decided to take our house off the market ~ do you see how this is leading to the end of my pity party? We had the realtor come dig up his sign on Thursday and we already have three solid leads on renters for this house. We'll be moving in about six weeks and did I spend the weekend packing and sorting things? NOPE! I spent the weekend resetting up my cutting table & digging through my fabric & just making a big ole mess of my quilting corner! (I was going to post a picture of it, but Carter threw my camera onto the rocks in our driveway the night of the 4th. It still works, but the charge doesn't hold in the battery nearly as long as it used to. When I went to take a picture, it was dead. He also cracked the screen that shows the pictures, so now I have to actually use the viewy thingy and just wait until I download the to see what I got ~ it feels so old school!) :)

I haven't actually sewed anything yet this weekend, but I've had so much fun making a mess of all of my fabric and scraps! Hopefully I'll have some eye candy for you later today! :)

~Cheers,
Jessica

3 comments:

Babs said...

Sounds like my life with a 3.5 and 1.5 year old. I guess this is why I am always tired, staying up until midnight to sew, craft, and be an adult. I hope in the fall life will provide more time to be creative.

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Yay for quilting and doing something you enjoy!! :)

Oh I am SO jealous you went to Day out with Thomas. My boy would have LOVED doing that, but I didn't find out about it until too late. This is the bad thing about using Tivo and not watching anything except the actual show on public television...you miss all the promotions for things like this!!

~ Sarah

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Gosh - your mess looks rather liveable... I think I could live with that! Glad you got to get back to cutting some stuff. Have fun packing - blech!