Saturday, July 26, 2008

I've been busy....


Actually, I like the word "productive" better. I've been productive. I started some blocks for a QOV quilt that I'll send to Alycia for her 400 QOV challenge. The final quilt will not be in this exact layout, but these are the blocks I have finished and they looked pretty this way. :P








I also finished the blocks for Ainsley's Quilt. It was supposed to be a Welcome Home Gift to her...she's been home since May. OOPS. You'll see there is a space on the left side of the quilt. I actually have a block done, its just the wrong pink! I'll have to redo the corners tomorrow.
And as if I didn't have enough going on right now ~ I pulled some fabric for a Christmas Gift for my Mother In Law. Its my goal for each family member to have at least one quilt that I've made. I've already taken care of Gramma Todd. I'm not going in any particular order. I'll just start when inspirations strikes. With this fabric I'll be making a modified version of the Bento Box pattern. Stay tuned to see this one come to life!
I also have some exciting news to share, but I'll keep that a secret for a little while longer....:)
~Jessica

6 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

Very nice! I like the gold.

Moose Threads said...

I love the way the quilts are looking.

Yeah for productivity!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Look at you!! You go girl. I kind of like the strings set like that! I'll come back to see the surprise!

Naomi said...

OMG, I so hate suspense. I may have to start snooping :)

Elaine Adair said...

LOVE those pink strings!

Joanna said...

Oh wow I am in love with Ainsley's quilt - love the pink and the other colors - gorgeous!