Quilt Around the U.S.A.
- Participants will be limited to 20. This will make your quilt 4x5 squares. I will take all of the participants and put them in a list, we will always mail to the same person ~ the next person on your list.
- To start you will make one block. Any type of block you'd like, any size you like (keep in mind that all blocks that you get back will be the same size as your original, but not necessarily the same type).
- Take your first block and mail it to the next person on the list. They will then look at your block, shop their stash (or a quilt shop) and make a block to coordinate or compliment your block. It does not have to be the same style or pattern, but it does have to be the same size. They will then take both blocks and send them on to the next person who will make a third block of the same size, also coordinating. And so on. When your package gets back to you, you should have 19 blocks that coordinate with your original. You then put them together into a top and finish it up.
- I'll ask that each person complete and mail their blocks off within two weeks of receiving each package, just to keep this show moving. We all understand that sometimes life gets in the way of our quilting and if this happens, please just let me know and I'll get the word out. Just to be clear ~ you are committing to make a block every two weeks, 20 times. This is an ongoing project and could take up to a year to complete.
- Each person will be responsible for their own shipping charges. When making the list of people, I will try to form it into a "loop" to keep the shipping charges as inexpensive as possible.
- I also ask that each participant have a blog and I will list them all in the sidebar so we can keep up with our quilts progress. I'll also start a flickr group where we can show pictures of the blocks we're making. I've decided its ok to show the blocks as we go, a year is just too long to wait to see all of your blocks!!! :-)
And lastly ~ does anyone know how to make a button?!?!