Friday, May 29, 2009

Oh What the Heck?

It seems that every single blog I visit recently (well, my quilty friends ones, anyway) I am being bombarded with Dana's (of the Old Red Barn Co.) quilt-a-long. The quilt-a-long schedule of events is posted here. So, sheesh, enough already. I'll do it. Okay? Because, you know, I need one more project. I know. I know. But it will help me use some stash. And then maybe Kristin will let me buy some more fabric. (I only have two more days left until I can go shopping!). But we've decided to do it again. We'll get to shop for a week and then we're back on our stash diets. Why do I do this to myself?



I went through my entire stash. All of it. And I couldn't decide on anything. Nothing looked good. I had some fabrics pulled for another quilt that I'm getting ready to start and I looked up and they just asked to be in the quilt-a-long. Seriously, they did. What? Your fabric doesn't talk to you? Ok, I know you're lying. Any quilter worth her salt has had conversations with fabric. Its just me? Crap. So anyhoo, after asking so nicely, I couldn't deny the fabrics their request. So they are going to play. And they are going to be beautiful. I've got some catching up to do this weekend, but it shouldn't take too long.


And remember this sheet? That will be the backing of this quilt. I'm so excited. I can't wait to snuggle under it. Its going to be beautiful and girly and MINE. :-) Join us, won't you?

2 comments:

bingo~bonnie said...

yoooou hoooo Jessica.... ;) do you have them cut up into noodles yet? ;)

I saw your Facebook status last this week about this sew along and have been checking you out... and have also shared your blog link over on the HGTV board... ;) (oops hope you don't mind)

There is a topic/thread started by Twostep over there for any HGTV members doing this sew-along. You may want to check it out and chit chat together with others participating. My COF Roommate missmikol is also doing this one... and she shared a photo of her strips on the thread ;)

Great colors you choose by the way - your bcaking is gonna be perfect! ;)

Bonus Mom said...

I Love your choices :) I have that sheet set! It is great! I got mine on clearance at Target. I think I may have to dig it out for my next quilt ;)