Friday, April 18, 2008

Ben's Rag Quilt



Ben has been asking for a quilt for almost a year now. About 6 months ago we went to the local quilt shop and he picked out several different flannel fabrics and requested a rag quilt. These quilts are easy as can be (espeically because I didn't put any batting in the squares because we wanted it more lightweight) I should have finished it months ago. My little angel has been so patient with me! This morning I gave him all of the squares and told him to arrange them any way he wanted. There are all kinds of different fabrics and they don't really match, but he loves them and he's so proud of his quilt! So, I've promised myself tonight that I'll finish it for him. The boys go to bed around 7pm and Numb3rs (I love FBI shows) doesn't start until 10pm. That should give me plenty of time to get the top together and I can snip the edges while watching TV. I'll toss it in the washer and it'll be all ready for him when he wakes up tomorrow. What a great way to start your weekend - with a brand new snugglie quilt! (and then I can cross something off my UFO list!!)

No comments: