Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Quilt That Doesn't Want to Be


So, here is the quilt I've been struggling with. Do you get why I'm dragging my feet? Its boring!!
I've been working on this quilt for months - it shouldn't have taken any more than a week, even with my limited quilting time.
I seem to only be able to add 3-4 sashing strips at a sitting. After that I get stir crazy. I have 5 strips left that need sashings and then I'll assemble the whole thing and add borders. Snap the picture I need and throw it in the closet! What's really irriated me about it is that I promised myself I won't work on anything else until its done. So, I sewed a few sashings tonight, got bored and had to turn off my machine and walk away. It probably would've been better if I had worked on a different project for a bit and then come back to this one...but that's apparently not how my brain works. Jason's been out of town for the last week and won't be back for another week. Once he's here to hang out while I sit and sew I think it'll be less boring - let's hope so!!

1 comment:

Amanda Jean said...

the quilt is lovely!!! and sometimes you just can't force the issue with quilting...it's best to walk away at that point.