Sunday, April 6, 2008

What I've been working on...

I made three more sashings strips last night and then I ran out of bricks. I'll have to cut more tonight. I'm just having a hard time finishing this quilt top. I think its because it'll only ever be a quilt top. It is a demo quilt for my website (we're going live later this month, I can't wait to blog about it!) and all we need is a top. I'll probably keep it in a closet and use it to practice on when I get my long arm.


Since I ran out of pieces for that quilt, I decided to play with my crumbs. I think I'll trim all of these up into 6 1/2" squares and put them in a nine patch with some soft pink fabric for the alternate squares. I'll put a border around it and it'll make a sweet quilt for a preemie little girl.

There is enough pieced crumbs right now to cut 6 squares. I'll keep crumbing until I get enough for two preemie quilts...I think I'll call them Sugar Cookie quilts because they are made out of the sweetest little crumbs.







3 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

The crumbs are looking great! Sometimes that kind of sewing can become addictive can't it!?!

susan said...

lovely idea, i adore those crumbs. such pretty colors

Amanda Jean said...

I love those blocks! It makes me want to go play with my crumbs, too.