Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Does this look like something I'd buy?

So, I ordered some fabric online the other day. I ordered a half yard of Kaffe Fassett Aboriginal Dots in Blue:



I ordered other fabrics, too. But the Dots were not in the box. But this was:



Now, don't get me wrong. This is perfectly good er, uh, pretty (?) fabric??? I guess. Maybe. However, I'm going out on a limb here. But the type of quilter that might order Kaffe Fassett (on a regular basis, from this particular store) doesn't strike me as the type of quilter that might also order fabric with wreaths and poinsettas and jingle bells. But that's just me. Maybe I'm wrong. The store gave me a refund for the Kaffe Fassett fabric and is letting me keep this other stuff. I don't even have to send it back. Oh Yay!

**disclaimer. This post is not meant to offend anyone that may like the above fabric. Its just not my style and I found some irony in the whole situation.**

7 comments:

Cricket said...

That fabric is horrible. Sorry.

CAB said...

Hmm, wonder what they were thinking! Are you going to get your original choice sent out soon or were they out?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Hmmm. I think I might be a little upset too. Are they going to send you what you wanted?

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Yikes! LOL!

~ Sarah

Anonymous said...

I'm not too shy to say that that wreath fabric is hideous! What you picked out was very 100X better than what they sent. Now what to do with it, huh? :D

Joanna said...

Oh no, that is the ugliest fabric ever lol!! It might be good for an ugly fabric challenge....and that is about all I can think of to do with it lol!!

Amanda Jean said...

oh, my that fabric is horrid. at least they refunded your money. but what are you going to do with THAT???