Monday, January 19, 2009

Phew.....I'm exhausted!

Amy left yesterday and I spent the better part of the day cuddled up under my blankets in bed just trying to recover from the weekend. I'm not in my 20's anymore and I was made painfully aware of this yesterday. It wasn't even that I was nursing a hangover (there was drinking but not that much). I was just exhausted. We never stopped moving all weekend. She arrived Friday evening and I met her and some other friends for a late dinner and a few drinks. I got home that night and bid Jason farewell as he left for a trip. Then those friends came over to my house and we continued to catch up and have a few more drinks. Amy and I stayed up until 1:30 am chatting and Carter got us up at 7:00 am Saturday morning. We headed to another friend's house Saturday morning for breakfast and then went straight out to shop and eat lunch. I picked up the sitter and we went to see Bride Wars with Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway. It was a cute movie about best friends ~ so appropriate that I saw it with Amy & Tracy. After the movie we raced home, changed clothes and then we were off to BUNCO. We got home around 11:30 pm and again stayed up until 1:30 am. We met 20 of our closest friends for Brunch at 10:00 am and I was back home and in bed by 11:30 am. Like I said, I'm exhausted! But we had so much fun!!




I did manage to get one thing made while Amy was here. I used this gorgeous fleece to make a wrap using this tutorial. I had no idea they made fleece so pretty. I wore the wrap to BUNCO and I plan to make several more in various colors. They are easy, comfy and pretty. What more could a girl ask for?

3 comments:

Cricket said...

OMG that fleece IS beautiful. I'm glad you had fun with your friends!

CAB said...

Whew, I don't know how you did it - I'd have been sooo exhausted! Methinks I'm not as young as I used to be...and I'm not THAT old yet either - ack!

bingo~bonnie said...

I would have never guessed that georgous paisely to be fleece! cool!

oh and I use to play BUNCO in my BC life when we lived in GA and I had lots of friends... ahhh the good ole days. sure would love to be in a Bunco group here in TX but sadly I don't know 11 other people to start a group.

PS -BC stands for before children ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie