Saturday, January 10, 2009

Whatcha Workin' on?

I've been busy busy busy! I moved my sewing machine to the kitchen table earlier this week because I was teaching some friends how to make bags. My sewing machine has been in my kitchen since Wed and I have to say....I've been very productive this week. I wonder if there is a connection??? My quilting corner tends to get cluttered faily quickly. Its also only about three feet away from the bed. We also have the computer desk in our bedroom. It can start to feel a little cramped. Especially this time of year when we tend to leave our big heavy curtains pulled to help keep the heat in. Jason is working a lot this month and I'm not serving a family dinner very often, so I guess I can keep the sewing machine out in the kitchen a little longer, right? Afterall, the boys and I can eat at one end and push my stuff to the other, right? RIGHT?? LOL!! I'd love to show you what I've been working on. But I can't just yet. How 'bout some teasers, though?

I started with this....


And that become this.......

And I'm just so stinkin' excited over what these fun 30's prints have started to become, I can't STAND it. I hate keeping secrets...but I'm just not ready to share yet. Soon enough...soon enough. Now I'm off to sort some laundry. Hardly seems fair, huh? I have all of these beautiful fabrics out and begging to be played with. And I have to do laundry. Hhhmpppff. Ben asked me today (after I nagged him for the fiftieth time to pick up some toys) "Why do you get to sit and do everything you want to do all day? Someday can I just have a day when I don't do anything except just play?" I told him he could have that day just as soon as I get mine!

3 comments:

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Pretty fabrics--so springy and fresh! Much more cheerful than the weather outside, that's for sure.

~ Sarah

CAB said...

Great comment - sounds like something my 8 year old would say :) They have no idea how good they have it when they're young - we probably didn't either :)

Great fabrics and ...beginning of a quilt? Too cute!

Mary Johnson said...

I love the Happy Blocks - I've seen so many fun variations. I need to remind people who've said they don't have many novelty fabrics that they can use all the same centers.