Saturday, January 24, 2009

I've been shopping...

I haven't been creating much lately. Although I have a lot of stuff cut and ready to sew ~ that will be next week. I have, however, been shopping. That's always fun! I found the cutest flannel for $1.99/yd!! Its so soft and cuddly, but it has some body and strength to it, too. I originally planned to make myself some pj's but after I got it home I feel like its just asking to be a cute little quilt. I haven't decided yet. Maybe it needs to be folded up and put away to "age" and then I'll see what it asks to become.

I also found these gorgeous towels for $2!! That's TWO DOLLARS! I plan to make some 'round the house pants. I love wearing capri's around the house and my current ones are looking like...well, like I love to wear them around the house every day. I thought these might brighten up our cold gray winter we're having.

And then, remember that "mistake" in my fabric order last week? Well, in that same order I had ordered a 1/2 yd of this fabric. I ended up with over 23". Do you think its because they not only can't read orders, but they can't cut straight either? In all fairness, every piece of fabric I ordered came with at least 3 extra inches, and one piece I ordered half a yard and it must have been the end of the bolt because I ended up with a horribly wrinkly piece of fabric that was 42" long!!! So, I guess I can't complain too much about messed up fabrics and strange cutting angles, huh?

7 comments:

CAB said...

Goodness, that is quite an angle, isn't it?

Capris from towels - are they comfy? I've never thought about making any clothing from towels...I do like the colors! Where're you shopping, anyway? :)

CAB said...

I forgot to say - please stop by my blog - I finished piecing my baby quilt and a dear friend quilted it for me!

http://oldspillhouse.blogspot.com/

Lori in South Dakota said...

Look like some good buys. I really like the b/w fabric!

Anonymous said...

Goodness, that is quite an angle, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Hello. I stop by to check your blog, I like it! Your FQS package is ready to go!! I'll take it to the post office as soon as my child gets better. End of the week maybe???

Amanda Jean said...

so you make capris from towels??? i love the stripes.

bingo~bonnie said...

once upon a time I had that same rubber duck fabri only on baby blue... I never used it so I passed along to another quilter collecting flannels. ;)

even if you don't use it for PJ bottoms... it could always be the backing of a baby quilt.

Love from Texas! ~bonnie