Thursday, January 29, 2009

I have pants

Several of you asked about making pants out of towels. I had never done it before, nor had I seen it done before. I know a lot of people make things out of towels and these were so soft and so bright and fun I just had to try.

Have you ever tried to take a picture of your own legs??? Its not as easy as it sounds. So, I apologize for the awkward pictures (and never mind that cottage cheesy looking thing sticking out of them...that's just my leg). They turned out very cute and since they are just bummin' around the house pants, I wasn't overly concerned about perfection. Although I do need to re-sew the waist band. I can sew a 1/4" seam like nobody's business, but a 5/8" seam always seem to knock me off my game! I may go get another towel and make myself a "shower wrap" because these towels are just too pretty and I wanted to be surrounded by them at all times :-)



5 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

they turned out cute!!! I love your socks as well!

i always get weirded out when i have to sew a 5/8" seam. it's kinda like trying to color with gigantic color crayons. :)

CAB said...

Fun :) Glad you shared the outcome! All the new fabrics looks great too - can't wait to see what you're going to be working on!

Cricket said...

How cute are those?!?!? Love the colors!

Tiffany said...

Those are too cute! They would be the perfect thing to wear to the lake.

bingo~bonnie said...

I'm catching on reading your blog...

towel pants? intresting idea! you are so creative :) and those are super cute colors - even the matching socks :)

oooough a bath wrap now that sounds like a great idea!

Love from Texas! ~bonnie